Performance Chip Tuning - Kia Stinger Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-17-2018, 10:14 AM Thread Starter

Performance Chip Tuning

Hey guys,

So I just stumbled upon a recent dyno of a stinger utilizing a Twin Uncle chip. The results are pretty impressive I'd have to say.

Kia Stinger 3.3TT AWD - Twin Uncle Chip
Base: 292ps/47kgm (288whp/339wtq)
After: 398ps/65kgm (392whp/470wtq)

Those are some incredible gains. Kia has built quite the machine.

Last edited by KoreanTune; 01-17-2018 at 10:16 AM.
Old 01-18-2018, 07:53 AM Thread Starter

New pics seeing as how photobucket is a scam aha.

Old 01-19-2018, 08:17 AM

That's over 100hp in gains! How is this sustainable for the Stinger's engine without affecting reliability?
Old 01-19-2018, 11:29 AM

Unfortunately this was a custom install for a customer in Korea and wont be offered here in the States! Impressive number though!

www.K8StingerStore.com
Click on the link above or below to view our new website that is now live!
Old 01-22-2018, 08:01 AM Thread Starter

I too am curious just how far the factory engine/tranny can be pushed without making other aftermarket modifications. I wasn't able to find if/or other aftermarket parts were used in this tune, best lets hope some local shops start offering similar results.
Old 01-24-2018, 08:39 AM

Shame for those in North America or Europe who would be interested in the tune. Is it because it breaks some emission regulation?
Old 01-24-2018, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoreanTune View Post
I too am curious just how far the factory engine/tranny can be pushed without making other aftermarket modifications. I wasn't able to find if/or other aftermarket parts were used in this tune, best lets hope some local shops start offering similar results.
Often its just with finding tolerances in the powerband that can be exploited and used for these tunes. not always do car makers allow cars to reach their full potential and here that's whats being done.
Old 01-25-2018, 08:20 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTSeoul View Post
Often its just with finding tolerances in the powerband that can be exploited and used for these tunes. not always do car makers allow cars to reach their full potential and here that's whats being done.
Yeah it really does seem like a car built for racing enthusiasts on a budget. I really can't wait to see the impressive builds and specs that people are able to push out of this car. I have a good feeling for those willing/able to spend the money, that they will find quite the hidden beast locked away inside.
Old 07-15-2018, 03:10 PM

I just got a performance chip for mine form a company called powertune. I was not expecting much when I bought it and it's just ok, no crazy increase in HP but it does give it more pep. If you want a little more kick then I'd recommend it but don't expect to gain a ton of hp. From other reviews online it seems some people love it and some people hate it. The company also put together reviews on their site from customers. Some just talking about it and some doing 0-60 tests with and without it. powertune performance chip review
Old 07-16-2018, 04:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishmail View Post
I just got a performance chip for mine form a company called powertune. I was not expecting much when I bought it and it's just ok, no crazy increase in HP but it does give it more pep. If you want a little more kick then I'd recommend it but don't expect to gain a ton of hp. From other reviews online it seems some people love it and some people hate it. The company also put together reviews on their site from customers. Some just talking about it and some doing 0-60 tests with and without it. powertune performance chip review
This is why I really want to see some brand out there like Hennessey start to tune the Stinger. We need an entire kit that creates something to the effect of a performance package.