What Color? - Kia Stinger Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-11-2017, 03:37 PM Thread Starter

What Color?

Just a thread to see what color people are shooting for, perhaps find the most common one and those that like to be unique can shoot for another?

I really like the red that they have shown but I'm also debating on a blue. You'll probably typically see these in white or black but I'm trying to deviate away from that

What are you leaning towards?
post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-12-2017, 12:45 AM
jay

I'm thinking of dark grey or red.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-13-2017, 07:19 PM

If there's anything that will make me want it more, its this Orange:

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-15-2017, 02:06 PM Thread Starter

That orange is something I'm going to want to see out in the daytime light as it can be a very tricky color. I've seen other vehicles that look amazing in the show lighting with that orange yellow-ish kind of look but when they get outside it's a different ball game altogether.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-24-2017, 07:52 PM

Yellow of course, and it looks a lot better than some other yellow paints I've seen. Perhaps a matte protective wrap would make the yellow look even better and add an extra layer to keep the paint scratch free.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-01-2017, 02:26 AM Thread Starter

I've never been fond of the whole matte sort of look. It just doesn't sit right with me but a lot of other people like it. I like the look of deep gloss and a liquid wet looking type of paint job.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-09-2017, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
I've never been fond of the whole matte sort of look. It just doesn't sit right with me but a lot of other people like it. I like the look of deep gloss and a liquid wet looking type of paint job.
It just has be used right, on the right design and areas of the car. Seen some Panameras in Matte paint and they looked good enough to be an OEM option. But the lack of car makers choosing matte paints should say something very clear to us.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-10-2017, 12:38 PM Thread Starter

BMW has something that I don't mind too much with the frozen line of colors they have. It's not a full on matte but it has a little level of gloss within it.

post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-14-2017, 01:53 PM

I bet if you really look into it there are a lot of different tones of matte to choose from, much like with these two different examples:

In my case if a matte was too dull looking I guess putting on a thin layer of gloss might help, assuming we can find different levels of gloss.
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-15-2017, 03:42 PM Thread Starter

Gloss is gloss so putting a layer of gloss film will just turn the paint into a gloss. They do have a frosty type of film that'll give it a matte sheen though.

The Lotus you posted is just too matte for me, looks like an old chalkboard.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page