Wide body for Stinger - Kia Stinger Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-20-2017, 01:24 PM Thread Starter

Wide body for Stinger

Well, west coast customs did it again.. A Widebody Kia Stinger's gonna be presented at the SEMA Show this year.

Take a look at this monster, what do you think?
post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-21-2017, 06:19 PM

Sure gets a lot of attention, even if it comes to Texas
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-22-2017, 12:23 AM

Whatever they do, copying the current popular body kits won't be the best way to go about this so hopefully that's not what they're doing but instead creating something truly unique to the Stinger, sort of like what's done to Super GT cars but in a production road going car.
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-23-2017, 08:28 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTSeoul View Post
Whatever they do, copying the current popular body kits won't be the best way to go about this so hopefully that's not what they're doing but instead creating something truly unique to the Stinger, sort of like what's done to Super GT cars but in a production road going car.
Well, I guess they've decided to choose a well-tried path and create something that already had a success. In my opinion, this body kit looks pretty good, and there is nothing bad about "copying" well-done models. Anyways, hope we will see more of them in the nearest future!
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-23-2017, 08:42 AM

I've always hated slammed cars and I still do, such a waste of a Stinger in my opinion. They're lowering the front and rear suspension, maybe enough to make the car unusable in residential areas and anywhere with bumps.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-24-2017, 08:37 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumblebee View Post
I've always hated slammed cars and I still do, such a waste of a Stinger in my opinion. They're lowering the front and rear suspension, maybe enough to make the car unusable in residential areas and anywhere with bumps.
Yeah, that's the most common problem with any custom body, you can't drive your car more than 10 kmph in residential areas. However, as everyone knows beauty requires sacrifice, so I would buy it anyways
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-25-2017, 08:35 AM

To each their own, but widebody kits are more for looks IMO. You may get a bit of additional traction and fit the Stinger with wider tires, but that's pretty much it. You're also adding a lot of weight, reducing fuel economy and affecting the vehicle's launch time. I'd use that wide-body kit elsewhere.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-31-2017, 08:13 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumblebee View Post
To each their own, but widebody kits are more for looks IMO. You may get a bit of additional traction and fit the Stinger with wider tires, but that's pretty much it. You're also adding a lot of weight, reducing fuel economy and affecting the vehicle's launch time. I'd use that wide-body kit elsewhere.
If not Stinger what car would you decorate with a wide body kit? I mean, that's probably the best class of cars to get them nice skirts, isn't it?

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page