Modded Stingers - Page 2 - Kia Stinger Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-02-2018, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoreanTune View Post
Aside from aesthetics the real reason to use aftermarket body kits is for the weight savings they provide. I haven't seen many sites selling aftermarket body kits atm, and I have a feeling most of them will require expensive shipping/importing. The only things I've come across are universal kits, which I have no interest in.
Not always do aftermarket kits provide weight savings and often the cheaper stuff are made out of material that weigh just as much as the OEM stuff. Even when you do find the lighter stuff that costs more, its not that much you're saving.
post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-03-2018, 09:16 AM

Came across this pic of a lowered Stinger on Vossen wheels. Have to say that I really like how it looks with a lowered stance, and I'm eager to see other builds.
post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-04-2018, 09:14 AM Thread Starter

What a difference a couple inch drop makes. That setup looks really clean on the white Stinger. I've heard that there are talks to bring the concept yellow to production.
post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-04-2018, 12:05 PM

Lowering a car that far gives it a horrible and impractical ride.
post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-05-2018, 09:14 AM

When it comes to cars, we know that often people sacrifice utility for looks. Definitely wont be running that Stinger in the winter with that setup. Wonder if there is any wheel well rubbing.
post #16 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-05-2018, 09:40 AM

There are so many potential problems when a car is lowered that I just simply don't see the point of doing so outside of track specific vehicles. Chances of bottoming out increases, tires wear unevenly, and sometimes it can be too close to the anti-lock brake system, the tire sidewalls, etc. At least it's not stanced, that's just the bottom of the barrel to me.
post #17 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-25-2018, 09:31 AM

As much as I dislike stanced cars, just wanted to show off this Liberty Walk inspired Stinger. I do like the widened body kit and exposed intercooler, but I could do without the slammed suspension and wheels.

post #18 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-26-2018, 09:32 AM

Never did like Liberty Walk's exposed rivets look no matter which car they mod and stanced cars just grinds my gears, especially to the point where the wheels are angled outwards like that. What a waste of a good Stinger.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page