Modded Stingers - Kia Stinger Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-16-2018, 08:03 AM Thread Starter

Modded Stingers

Just wanted to share some recent pictures/renderings of modded Stingers I've come across. I'm sure its only a matter of time before we see some serious aftermarket mods by owners, as there is no doubt in the Stingers potential. Anyone here have plans to customize their Kia?

Old 02-16-2018, 10:42 AM

The first and last one are just renderings. The green one would be nice with different wheels but that bottom one is hideous, except for the color, and would be useless.
Old 02-17-2018, 12:58 PM Thread Starter

I know they are just renderings...but they can still provide some starting points for modification plans. I really like the wing and fender flares on the last one, but I have no idea why you would want a two door variant of the Stinger.
Old 02-21-2018, 08:55 AM

Slammed and heavily modified cars just makes me cringe, especially the first example. While the paint is fine when paired with nice body lines like what the Stinger has, everything else rubs me the wrong way. That front air intake piece with the studs, those wheels and chunky splitter.

I'd much prefer something simple like a nice set of copper wheels and call it a day. To each their own I suppose, or else all those mod shops will go out of business.
Old 02-21-2018, 12:39 PM

Looking more into body kits out there, a big incentive for me would be a kit that's race inspired, much like what we see below:

Motorsports influence is always a winning strategy.
Old 02-22-2018, 08:17 AM Thread Starter

What kind of car is that that you've linked above? If that's a Stinger body, it certainly doesn't look like one anymore. I'm really curious what sort of builds we'll see in motorsports around the Stinger platform. I wonder just how far professional teams will be able to push its performance.
Old 02-22-2018, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoreanTune View Post
What kind of car is that that you've linked above? If that's a Stinger body, it certainly doesn't look like one anymore. I'm really curious what sort of builds we'll see in motorsports around the Stinger platform. I wonder just how far professional teams will be able to push its performance.
Its a racecar, hence the whole mention of motorsports.
Definitely not a Stinger but its an example of styling that the Stinger can use in a body kit, although it would be rather expensive
Old 02-27-2018, 08:35 AM Thread Starter

Well there already is a motorsports version of the Stinger, and it does look pretty nice with the racing body kit. Hopefully there is lots of aftermarket support for the Stinger, because as of now I think I've only seen one real modified version that was done by West Coast Customs.
Old 03-01-2018, 04:39 PM

Well anyone interested in doing exterior aero mods can get universal parts like a front splitters and side splitters, along with canards for the front bumper. Those when done right can make a big but subtle difference if you know what I mean.
Old 03-02-2018, 08:29 AM Thread Starter

Aside from aesthetics the real reason to use aftermarket body kits is for the weight savings they provide. I haven't seen many sites selling aftermarket body kits atm, and I have a feeling most of them will require expensive shipping/importing. The only things I've come across are universal kits, which I have no interest in.