Kia Stinger Forum banner

Love my stinger but it isn't perfect

3K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  kevinstinger 
#1 ·
So, let me start by saying that I love my GT2 AWD Stinger. That being said, some stuff I'm going to nit pick on

• I don't like that I haven't been able to successfully turn off the collision avoidance. I get the function and there is a place for it but the way I drive, this thing is a menace for me.
  • When reversing, the volume on audio is reduced. This is bad when a podcast is playing because it does the exact opposite of what is intended and makes me focus more on the audio to make sure I don't miss anything.
  • Cannot adjust the nav system when driving which makes the assumption it is the driver providing the input. Have to stop to do navigation as a result instead of being able to have a passenger make changes on the fly.
  • Hands on steering sensor is not tuned well and I've had multiple instances of the electronics telling me to put my hands on the wheel when they are actually on the steering already.
  • Blower on feet for heating is in my opinion weak compared to most cars I have owned. I don't know if this is a sensor issue.
  • The road holding across the different modes is significantly different. This is to be expected but the one thing I have noticed is that there is a lot of looseness in the steering in all modes except sport mode, especially obvious in rain. I don't know if it is just me which is why I am mentioning it here but it can be a bit nerve racking. I can feel the movement of the car under me and in rain this vehicle in any mode other than sport feels like it can get away from me. I can only describe it as looseness which is unnerving in heavy rain.
I absolutely love my stinger and all of the above are things I will just deal with to have the pleasure of driving this vehicle but what if it was perfect ;) And who knows, maybe someone out there has some tips I don't know about.

See less See more
#4 ·
I contacted the dealer on the blower for heat down towards your feet and was told it is functioning as designed. So, that's that. Not on any of the rest yet but I will be shortly.

My wife also just noticed that the seal on the rear window is stripping which isn't good for a car this new.

Completely agree on the early adoption risk. I went with the full bumper to bumper warranty on my purchase because of this especially given that the entire car is controlled by software at this point. :smile

#5 ·
I'll get back to you on this because I'm going to raise the issue I'm having with the car steering feel in the rain but I honestly at this point think its an electronics issue given that the play in the steering is reduced across modes. I only have just over 7k miles on the car at this point but I'll look tonight and see what they marked the thread at on the last service and update this post. That should give me an idea where the tires are in terms of driving miles. I don't do burnouts or use launch control etc but I am an aggressive driver so it should be tell you something.

#7 ·
The feeling I was having in the car in the rain and at other times ended up being something very simple. The lane assist is aggressive and that is what I was feeling when I was driving and I did NOT like it. It made me feel particularly unsafe when driving in rain. After turning that off...zero issues. Just wanted to provide an update in case any one else runs into that same issue.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.