Redline Reviews The Kia Stinger GT - Kia Stinger Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-20-2017, 03:14 PM Thread Starter
Editorial Content

Redline Reviews The Kia Stinger GT

Kia has been winning over fans left and right with the new 2018 Kia Stinger, a highly anticipated vehicle that has been generating a lot of buzz since it was first revealed at this yearís North American International Auto Show. Some may decide to go with the base trim and thatís perfectly fine, but Sofyan Bey from Redline Reviews gives us plenty of reasons to spring for the Stinger GT.

Showing us just how serious Kia is when it comes to performance, the range-topping twin-turbocharged 3.3-liter V6 powered Stinger is good for 365 hp and 376 lb-ft of torque. Helping you stick to the tarmac when youíre doing that 4.7 second, 0-60 mph sprint is a set of GT specific 19 inch wheels shod in staggered tires. They even come with a set of Brembo 4-piston brakes and 13.8 inch rotors.

For those living in colder climates, perhaps the heated and cooled seats offered with the GT 2 trim will be convincing. This feature is only available in this trim.

Of course, whatís a sport sedan if its performance isnít up to par. The Stinger GT feels nimble and provides pretty steering feedback in even though itís equipped with electric power steering. Those twisty back roads theyíre test driving on is perfect for the sedan.

The range topping modelís price tag may put some potential buyers off, but its BMW and Audi rivals starts around 50 grand and almost hit 70 grand fully loaded, whereas the Stinger GT he was testing comes fully loaded aside from AWD.

An informative review even if you decide against the GT model.

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-21-2017, 10:43 AM

Another review that makes me buy this great vehicle!
Didn't know that Stinger GT 2 comes with a red leather and these real aluminum inserts all over the interior! A bit disappointed that upgraded 7-inch instrument display comes on all the trims except basic one... that's what I wanted to get.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-25-2017, 04:06 AM

Well Kia can't give away all their new tech on an entry-level model. This is what car brands are doing to make people go up a trim or two. Is this going to be a deal breaker to you?
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-27-2017, 09:02 AM

Definitely not the deal breaker, but something that I really wanted to have. Also, I just found out that I'm not able to get basic Stinger with red exterior color, that's sad too...
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-27-2017, 07:00 PM

It might be a deal breaker if you're just looking at the Stinger on its own but you can find a lot of value in it once compared with everything else on the market. Compared to what else you can get for the same price, this is just about the best thing you can spend your money on.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-28-2017, 08:55 AM

I absolutely agree with you guys! The exterior colors, instrument display etc. are cool features, however, I'm not buying a car just because of its appearance, but because of its sizes, powertrain and other mechanical details.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page