The good vs the bad
Motorauthority recently shared an article about the pros and cons of currently living with the Stinger. Just wanted to share an overview of what the article mentions.
- 3.3 liter, twin turbocharged V6 has some punch. Car is addicting in its quickness
- 8 speed automatic is way better on public roads than the track. Good everyday transmission
- People love the way it looks, with constant reactions from the public.
- Kia nailed the driving position. Material quality is good enough, at least in the lower end models
- A great vehicle for the price
- Stock exhaust note is extremely lacking. First stop would be to a local shop for an aftermarket kit.
- Transmission holds the car back from being sharper, more immediate and fun. Improvements could be made on that paddle shifters, which feel a little cheap. No manual transmission.
- Hilariously fake hood vents, which have no functionality. Some color options look much different in person than on Kia's online configurator.
- Any passengers not getting into the driver seat noted how difficult the Stinger is to get in and out of.
- Kia Dealerships are way behind the times and the ratio of good to bad dealers is heavily in the later.