Something that I reeeeeaaaally want to try! - Kia Stinger Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-17-2017, 09:28 AM Thread Starter

Something that I reeeeeaaaally want to try!

Hey everyone!

Just watched this video
and was really impressed by Stinger performance.
I have never rated Korean automotive market higher than any other, but after watching that video I got enough motivation to go and check out this car as soon as possible!
post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-19-2017, 09:14 AM

Apparently, the Stinger is a sort of replacement for the Falcon and Commodore/SS in Australia. It certainly looks a lot better and the Holden Commodore/Chevy SS prices don't reflect what you should be getting.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-19-2017, 02:16 PM Thread Starter

Nah, I'm not even talking about Holden lol.. In my opinion, you can't compare Sting with this Holden, at least in terms of exterior design, stinger looks aggressive as heeelll
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-22-2017, 12:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportster View Post
Apparently, the Stinger is a sort of replacement for the Falcon and Commodore/SS in Australia. It certainly looks a lot better and the Holden Commodore/Chevy SS prices don't reflect what you should be getting.
Just wait till Aussies start swapping LS engines into these because I bet you that's one of the first things that came to mind. But the market is flush with commodores so anyone willing to stick with the outgoing model will have a solid car for years to come.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-24-2017, 08:48 AM

No need to swap out the engine, as stock the Stinger can easily directly compete against the likes of the Altima, Maxima, Fusion Sport/Taurus SHO, Q50, MKZ, Chevy SS, and so much more. You tack on the 5/60k bumper to bumper with the 10/100K warranty and you're set. Once that's up then by all means, swap out the engine. But the Stinger is going to be a vehicle that ages well performance wise.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-31-2017, 08:30 AM

Not just pure engine number either, how the car actually drives matters over time. That's why people are still nuts over the old NSX, because of how it drives even though the engine is outdated compared to what we have today.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page