I might be an owner... - Kia Stinger Forum
 2Likes
  • 2 Post By Hobble11

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-31-2017, 02:59 PM Thread Starter

I might be an owner...

I was looking for stinger info and came across a thread on google and now here I am. Looking forward to talking with you guys about the stinger, hopefully everything I find can convince me to put a deposit down. I am current driving a B8 S4 with minor mods and looking for a replacement. The Audi has been nothing but trouble with oil consumption and other electric issues that is costly for repairs.

See you in the forums!
GTSeoul and SocalStinger like this.
post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-01-2017, 09:36 AM

Welcome to the forum! Not sure how much better the Stinger's fuel consumption may be compared to a B8 S4, but it certainly looks more exciting than Audi's generally conservative styling.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-01-2017, 05:18 PM

Moving from an Audi S4 to the Stinger will be an impressive move I must say and I will be surprised if you do go through with it.

Have you at least driven anything performance oriented from Kia to get a feel for what might come?

Also have you check with your dealer on when you can finally go for a test drive?
post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-03-2017, 09:42 AM

Welcome to the forum!!

You're lucky to find this amazing place. I'm pretty new to this forum too, but already found a lot of interesting articles and people here.

Cheers!
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-03-2017, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KStingFan View Post
Welcome to the forum!!

You're lucky to find this amazing place. I'm pretty new to this forum too, but already found a lot of interesting articles and people here.

Cheers!
Agree.

There's a lot of information here already and it probably helps that there's nothing like it, no predecessor. In a way this is one of the first real hubs for talking about the Stinger.
Can't wait to learn more and share that knowledge here, but I have some catching up to do.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-03-2017, 04:45 PM

I have owned several of the German cars. I am convinced that they have a scheme to build in problems so their dealers can make a lot of money after the sale with outrageous repair costs. Never again. A Kia will be so reliable, the warranty is so comprehensive, and if a non warranty repair is needed, it will be done at a reasonable charge. Can't wait for my Stinger!
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-04-2017, 04:28 PM

That's pretty much the stereotype with German cars; great performance but horrible reliability which is where Asian brands excel in. Now they're trying to take on the Germans with cars like the Stinger and it's only uphill from here! Great news for us buyers who wants the best of both worlds/.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-06-2017, 09:41 AM

As I haven't gotten any German cars, I don't know how good their reliability is. However, I've heard a lot about Germans repair (details) cost, especially in dealerships. Not sure if it's stereotype or not, but Korean carmakers look way better for me in this aspect.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-07-2017, 09:30 AM

A friend's BMW grand coupe spent an inordinate amount of time at the dealership for one reason or another, granted it was fun to drive whenever i had the chance, but I wouldn't want to pay for a car and not be able to use it. Hopefully the Stinger will prove to have less issues, though I'm not adverse to waiting a bit.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-12-2017, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportster View Post
A friend's BMW grand coupe spent an inordinate amount of time at the dealership for one reason or another, granted it was fun to drive whenever i had the chance, but I wouldn't want to pay for a car and not be able to use it. Hopefully the Stinger will prove to have less issues, though I'm not adverse to waiting a bit.
As long as you have a good dealer that will take care of you in these situations then there isn't too much to worry about. I have seen situations where some people have been using loaners of the same model and trim as what they bought, aside from a little back and forth, there doesn't have to be much to these issues.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page