Kia Stinger Forum banner

Lane keep assist problems

6K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  GTSeoul 
#1 ·
Probably a good idea to be cautious when using the lane keep assist because motortrend says it's too sensitive and not that great around bends. It can only make minor corrections and I assume that's on straight roads. There's also the problem of it's sensitivity when it alerts you to put your hands on the wheel. Sometimes with both hands gripping the wheel, the alert is still triggered to the point where lane keep assist turns off by itself.

Maybe it's just their Stinger GT that has this problem.

#2 ·
That system is only meant to keep you within clearly defined lines/barriers. Them thinking that it would be useful to navigate any kind of turn or bend in the road is pretty uneducated.

The sensitivity issue is another matter but could be addressed with an update in the future if Kia deems it is actually not working properly.

#4 ·
These technologies are still very new to me and it wasn't until last year when i felt comfortable enough to use the older cruise control feature that just locks in your speed. Even then, it wasn't used on larger freeways with more than two lanes. We're still very far away from autonomous cruiser control and with how poorly kept some roads are, I wouldn't try using lane keep assist until years later.
I can definitely see the appeal, but the risk isn't worth it and I've been driving fine without all these fancy tech systems for years.

#5 ·
Luckily these kind of systems have been prioritized in electrics, as a big selling point for them is new technology. Not sure we'll see a hybrid/electric trim of the Stinger, so I don't think we'll need to worry about adapting to all those new systems here. I've heard lane keep assist can be a little unreliable, depending on the quality of road you're driving on.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.