Why are you buying a Kia Stinger? - Kia Stinger Forum
 2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 30 (permalink) Old 05-13-2017, 05:03 PM Thread Starter

Why are you buying a Kia Stinger?

This is just a general question as to why all of us here are looking towards buying a Kia Stinger.

For me, it's majorly because it's such an aggressive looking video which I like and it's practical for me. Also because of the price range, and I really don't like many, if any, of the competitors that it's going up against. I don't need something much larger, and don't really want anything much smaller. It looks like it fits like a glove for me all while looking much more exclusive than the price tag does.
post #2 of 30 (permalink) Old 05-15-2017, 08:59 PM

I always liked the Porsche Panamera and have a long way to go before I can afford one. To me this is the poor mans panamera. Aside from that it fits everything i wanted in a sporty hatch/wagon, even in a sedan. It looks, performance and sounds the part. But with all those good things we still have a lot to learn.
post #3 of 30 (permalink) Old 05-17-2017, 11:20 AM Thread Starter

Definitely.. everything looks great on paper but when we get in there and really try it for ourselves, it could be completely different from what we think right now
post #4 of 30 (permalink) Old 06-18-2017, 02:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
Definitely.. everything looks great on paper but when we get in there and really try it for ourselves, it could be completely different from what we think right now
This being a new spot for Kia maybe it means we will see them promote it heavily to show people what this all-new Kia product is about. Can't do it with any other Kia product.
post #5 of 30 (permalink) Old 06-19-2017, 12:17 PM Thread Starter

I would hope so. This Stinger is going to be what really brings the attention to Kia so I'm really hoping they knock this one out of the park. If this turns out to be as great of a product as I think it will be, maybe we can see an entirely new direction for Kia with them leaning more into these high-end looking products across the line.
post #6 of 30 (permalink) Old 06-20-2017, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
I would hope so. This Stinger is going to be what really brings the attention to Kia so I'm really hoping they knock this one out of the park. If this turns out to be as great of a product as I think it will be, maybe we can see an entirely new direction for Kia with them leaning more into these high-end looking products across the line.
i'm quite positive about it because they put a lot of money into developing a new sporty platform, with all those millions invested the least they can do is spend a bit more for the easy part which is getting the message out. they did the heavy lifting already by finally showing us working production models.
post #7 of 30 (permalink) Old 06-22-2017, 04:37 PM Thread Starter

I'm sure they'll be touring dealerships when they make it over to NA as well. Doubt they'll do more than that in a person to person environment, but Youtube advertisements should be being pushed out soon, well.. more of them at least. Call in the media to different dealerships and word will spread like wildfire anyhow.
post #8 of 30 (permalink) Old 06-26-2017, 10:18 AM

I'm excited for a non-German rear wheel drive sports sedan. I want to luxury and performance without the high price tag and maintenance costs. I also think the car just looks fantastic.

Want to replace my X1 with a Stinger
Keeping my beloved Focus RS
post #9 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-01-2017, 02:25 AM Thread Starter

The car is definitely a great looker. In regards to engine repairs and what not, we can also look towards Hyundai with part numbers and decipher which would be the cheaper route.
post #10 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-05-2017, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forcino View Post
I'm excited for a non-German rear wheel drive sports sedan. I want to luxury and performance without the high price tag and maintenance costs. I also think the car just looks fantastic.
Same here. Lucky for me i'm into Lexus and don't mind going used, so a used Lexus IS or a used Lexus GS could very well be on my list along with the Stinger. But more so the IS due to fuel efficiency.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page