Anyone else frustrated at lack of build options? - Kia Stinger Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-13-2018, 04:35 PM Thread Starter

Anyone else frustrated at lack of build options?

I understand the first batch needed to meet the needs of the average Joe to enable sales, but why on earth can I not even order the color and option combination I want? I'm willing to wait, but the dealers can't even do that....

fwiw, I want a GT2 AWD with blue exterior, red interior. That's it. Pretty simple. Nope! Blue only comes with grey. Fvk..

Seriously, I've been on both Mercedes and BMW web sites checking build options more than once since getting this news. Yup! Can still order a gorgeous blue metallic with a red-trimmed leather interior on the M3, M4, or C43/C63 AMG - which are the primary vehicles I was considering when I found out the Stinger was coming. I can afford any of them. I would RATHER have the Stinger..

.... hence my frustration.
post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-13-2018, 09:30 PM

I'm frustrated with how some exterior paints are paired with specific interior upholstery colors, just give us what we want! I don't understand the limitations.
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-15-2018, 12:18 PM

I am also frustrated by this along with the lack of color options that are available in other markets.

I would like the dark grey, Panthera Metal in the UK, with black interior. Pretty basic in my opinion but not available in the US... I would even take the US blue with black interior but light gray is the only option.
post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-15-2018, 12:57 PM Thread Starter

You can get blue with black in the GT and GT1, but not the GT2..
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-16-2018, 09:33 AM

Kia was probably trying to put contrasting exterior and interior color combinations together, but it's annoying when you can't even get Aurora Black Pearl with light grey.
Are you willing to go with grey interior to get the blue paint?
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-16-2018, 09:42 AM Thread Starter

Nope! I want that gorgeous burgundy. What I like most is that in the front, it's not over-done, like on the dash in many other vehicles which, in my opinion, looks stupid and is distracting (reflections). It would also clash with the blue exterior. Keeping the dash black works very well.

My Sorento is black, I swore when I got rid of my last black vehicle in 1998 that I would never get another, this time i mean it!! lol..
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-16-2018, 06:12 PM

Often car makers will try to influence as much as possible the image they want of their products. The Ford GT is an extreme example of that so what we see here with the Stinger is they're doing it to a lesser extent. Being a higher priced model compared to other Kia's this would be one to keep a very specific image going on while its still new.
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-16-2018, 08:56 PM Thread Starter

It's been almost a year since I read about the M2, and then realized I could easily afford an M3 or M4. I looked at (and drove) comparables - C43 AMG, Lexus RC-F, then found out about the Stinger and said I would wait until I could at least drive one.

I am ready to buy now, but if Kia won't let me order the combination I want, I may be back at the BMW. M4 with performance package in Yaz Marina blue, with the red trimmed interior. $75k.
Attached Images
File Type: png CosyVehicleImage.png (238.2 KB, 4 views)
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-17-2018, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eflyguy View Post
It's been almost a year since I read about the M2, and then realized I could easily afford an M3 or M4. I looked at (and drove) comparables - C43 AMG, Lexus RC-F, then found out about the Stinger and said I would wait until I could at least drive one.

I am ready to buy now, but if Kia won't let me order the combination I want, I may be back at the BMW. M4 with performance package in Yaz Marina blue, with the red trimmed interior. $75k.
It gets even better if you are open to owning one used that comes with a good warranty. If you're lucky it will have a bumper to bumper warranty, which for German cars is well needed. However the RC-F has popped up on my radar as well, at least with that there's not nearly as much concern around warranty.
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-18-2018, 10:02 AM Thread Starter

Found a CPO yaz marina blue M2 for $56k yesterday. Only 6500 miles..

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page