Kia Stinger Forum banner

1 of 400!!

3K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  Paul@K8StingerStore 
#1 ·
So i got this limited edition fancy yellow car!!.. that kia recalled for the paint, and had dealers get a respray, on the still unsold cars sitting on their lots...and i wanna say they paid like 10k for the paint jobs...well mine looked more like it cost 2k :crying overspray all over the glass , rough edges on all the body panels, paint drips on the pillars when you open the doors , tape lines everywhere, the fake hood vents were installed while the paint was still wet it looks like, ITS A BRAND NEW CAR!!:devil and i paid for and extra interior exterior warranty, and kia has extended the factory warranty on the yellow cars for lifetime if im not mistaken.. So I brought the STINGER back to the collision repair center and was told would be contacted tomorrow with the official plan...Im super curious to see how this all plays out??

#3 ·
I'm under the same impression..its nearly impossible to replicate those computerized factory paint jobs by hand..im afraid the more they work on it, the worse and worse it will become..i wonder what kia would accept as a respray on a new car as well, they did pay top dollar for the work, or if they would see how i was unsatisfied and offer some compensation..

#4 ·
I'm glad you realize that it will never be as good as a new car done right from the factory, there are too many nuances.
Just wait till these come back and people measure how paint depth differs from one area to another and from color to color, yellow won't have nearly as much consistency.

#7 ·
It will be wise to get the paint job overlooked once completed with a paint depth indicator, just to ensure that aspect of the job was done right.
Did they mention what coverage you'll have on the paint job? It would suck if flaws started showing months into you taking it back.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.