Kia Stinger Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
I love K&N intakes, I've put them in several different vehicles and have always been pleased with the results. That's actually a pretty decent price for a dual setup and I'm sure it would improve the engine whine significantly.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Only problem I see is the possibility that the K&N Typhoon isn't CARB compliant. CAIs make a distinct sound at around 50% so cops who know their cars can probably make out the sound.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Only problem I see is the possibility that the K&N Typhoon isn't CARB compliant. CAIs make a distinct sound at around 50% so cops who know their cars can probably make out the sound.
Fortunately those will be easy enough to uninstall if we need to be compliant. In most cases i noticed that cops let people off with a warning if its their first offense. Even if not, once you change it back to OEM and have proof, you can get the ticket dropped.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Aren't those CARB regulations specific to California? I've put K&N Typhoon kits in a bunch of different cars and never had any issues with the police. But I have always held on to the stock box should issues with a warranty repair. Its not like an aftermarket intake will be any more disruptive than a performance exhaust.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I've never had any issues with intake systems either, and they make a huge difference when trying to eliminate loud engine whine. This looks to be quite a problem on the Stinger, even with aftermarket exhaust kits.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Yeah most of the kits I've seen on YouTube seem to have pretty underwhelming results. As of now I think it might be a better option to get a muffler/resonator delete. Nothing I've seen so far has really justified its price.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Do we know where exactly that cat is located in the Stingers exhaust system? I wonder if deletes can be done without the worry of sensors. As much as I welcome the improved sound, I hate driving around with engine lights on.

·
Premium Member
137 Posts
Do we know where exactly that cat is located in the Stingers exhaust system? I wonder if deletes can be done without the worry of sensors. As much as I welcome the improved sound, I hate driving around with engine lights on.
I think the midpipe contains the cats, we have a downpipe from Jun Bl that doesnt have any sensors.

·
Premium Member
137 Posts
Hey guys, what do you think of this cold air intake system for the twin turbo V6 Stinger?
Typhoon Cold Air Intake System for Kia Stinger 3.3L V6
I doubt we'll see the full hp gain because new cars, as far as I know, have sensors that automatically adjust air/fuel input unless you chip the car. Thoughts?
We've sold over a dozen of these and had nothing but great results and happy customers! We actually have this listed cheaper and happen to be a supporting vendor here on the forums! If you're looking to order this we'd greatly appreciate the support :)

https://www.k5optimastore.com/collections/new-products/products/kia-stinger-typhoon-intake

1 - 10 of 10 Posts