Kia Stinger Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's a video of the Kia Stinger giving a little rev. Sounds very tame in my opinion which is good. Can't wait to hear what the aftermarket will have for it though as I'll really want more grumble.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Yeah I don't think many buyers will be satisfied with that level of sound. Definitely think we'll see early buyers opting to swap in an aftermarket system. A car like this is meant to turn heads and I really don't think the OEM exhaust provides that. I wonder if a cat back system will provide enough of a change.

·
Registered
83 Posts
It's not the most distinct sound when it comes to performance cars and maybe it won't be turning heads gong down a street, but the stock exhaust is fine for now. Of course you can always swap it out for a more aggressive change in exhaust note and maybe if it breathes better than the factory one, you'l see a slight increase in power.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Someone needs to come out with a set of long tube headers or something crazy long those lines to really open up this engine. Don't know what potential it has to sound better but often a full headers back system does wonders on just about all cars you put them on.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I have a feeling this exhaust would be much louder if they had opted for high flow cats/mufflers. I wonder if people will go the route of a muffler delete as a cheap alternative until we see full aftermarket kits. A full header back exhaust kit gets really pricey, but you're right about the huge difference in the level of performance and sound.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I haven't heard of any owners citing the option to switch the exhaust note, but that would certainly be a cool feature. Possibly something that could be included standard, should the Stinger see successful sales, which I have a good feeling is likely. And I'm also not a fan of muffler deletes, because is usually results in a constant drone.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Not a fan of muffler deletes because all you lose is a few pounds for an annoyingly loud sound, maybe low end torque is reduced slightly too.
Not always does it result in a bad sounding system. Hopefully someone developing a custom system shows us how it sounds in that situation because during the fab process they can likely to do it. If not, it could be a while till we see something from a regular owner.

·
Registered
161 Posts
That's dependant on the rest of the setup for sure. I've seen the Magnaflow aftermarket kit for the new Type R includes a muffler delete, and it isn't obnoxiously loud at all. I'm sure as we start seeing more aftermarket options for the Stinger that we'll see a wide array of different design choices to maximize its performance and sound.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.