Kia Stinger Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While I was hoping this comparison was with an actual Holden Commodore and not the euro based Opel Insignia, its always nice to see the Stinger outperform. Really concerning that the tranny on the Commodore would just give out for no reason.

·
Registered
83 Posts
You don't hear about the opel much outside of Europe whereas the Stinger belongs to a more global brand. Probably for good reason because their cars aren't that great anyways.
Can't really compare to what the performance made Stinger has to offer.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Yeah they are what I would call a discount brand, and this video just confirms how dissimilar they are. Other than being more sporty sedans, they don't share much in terms of performance. Id like to see a comparison against a true Commodore though.

·
Registered
186 Posts
It won't really be an apples to apples comparison if you pit the Commodore against the Kia stinger. because they use different drives; RWD, FWD, optional AWD. And the 3.6 engine in the Commodore stinks compared to the Stinger's engine. Holden didn't even go for the LF4 turbo.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well it would make for a more compelling video than this one aha. We know that the Stinger excels in this segment, and I wasn't expecting it to be a Mustang in the 1/4 mile, but that was a little circumstantial.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts