Kia Stinger Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With so many automakers jumping on the band "wagon" its not surprising to see some concepts of a Stinger variant. Just wanted to see what people thought of the concept and whether or not you'd be interested in buying one. It would likely be a fair bit cheaper than the alternatives out of Volvo, Audi or Jaguar and it would be well equipped with the Stingers powertrain.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Kia has already shown interest in the wagon segment, with both the Sportspace and and Proceed concepts. I think its more likely to see this variant added to the Optima over the Stinger, but I definitely foresee Kia bringing a model to market. I have to say that I'm a fan of their early concepts.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I hadn't seen that Sportspace concept before and I have to say that I'm a fan. I think they'd be better off sticking with this platform, than trying to alter the Stinger. I think those looking for a performance wagon will probably look towards other brands.

·
Registered
161 Posts
If they release it as a Optima variant, then they should consider a hybrid model. Not only would this boost its performance specs, but it would also allow them to compete in a segment that often sees more quirky looking models.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Shouldn't be too long until we see a spin-off from the Stinger because Kia is going to be very aggressive with the Stinger’s lifecycle, so plenty of updates and maybe even more special editions. Then other body styles I would assume.

·
Registered
40 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
I think the next logical step would be for Kia to release a two door instead of a wagon, simply because a two door body style will be more popular globally, especially in North America compared to a wagon that has a horrible reputation in certain markets.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.