Kia Stinger Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys,

So I just stumbled upon a recent dyno of a stinger utilizing a Twin Uncle chip. The results are pretty impressive I'd have to say.

Kia Stinger 3.3TT AWD - Twin Uncle Chip
Base: 292ps/47kgm (288whp/339wtq)
After: 398ps/65kgm (392whp/470wtq)

Those are some incredible gains. Kia has built quite the machine.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I too am curious just how far the factory engine/tranny can be pushed without making other aftermarket modifications. I wasn't able to find if/or other aftermarket parts were used in this tune, best lets hope some local shops start offering similar results.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Shame for those in North America or Europe who would be interested in the tune. Is it because it breaks some emission regulation?

·
Registered
248 Posts
I too am curious just how far the factory engine/tranny can be pushed without making other aftermarket modifications. I wasn't able to find if/or other aftermarket parts were used in this tune, best lets hope some local shops start offering similar results.
Often its just with finding tolerances in the powerband that can be exploited and used for these tunes. not always do car makers allow cars to reach their full potential and here that's whats being done.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Often its just with finding tolerances in the powerband that can be exploited and used for these tunes. not always do car makers allow cars to reach their full potential and here that's whats being done.
Yeah it really does seem like a car built for racing enthusiasts on a budget. I really can't wait to see the impressive builds and specs that people are able to push out of this car. I have a good feeling for those willing/able to spend the money, that they will find quite the hidden beast locked away inside.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just got a performance chip for mine form a company called powertune. I was not expecting much when I bought it and it's just ok, no crazy increase in HP but it does give it more pep. If you want a little more kick then I'd recommend it but don't expect to gain a ton of hp. From other reviews online it seems some people love it and some people hate it. The company also put together reviews on their site from customers. Some just talking about it and some doing 0-60 tests with and without it. powertune performance chip review

·
Registered
248 Posts
I just got a performance chip for mine form a company called powertune. I was not expecting much when I bought it and it's just ok, no crazy increase in HP but it does give it more pep. If you want a little more kick then I'd recommend it but don't expect to gain a ton of hp. From other reviews online it seems some people love it and some people hate it. The company also put together reviews on their site from customers. Some just talking about it and some doing 0-60 tests with and without it. powertune performance chip review
This is why I really want to see some brand out there like Hennessey start to tune the Stinger. We need an entire kit that creates something to the effect of a performance package.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts