Kia Stinger Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So the fuel economy ratings are 25 highway, 19 city, and 21 combined mpg for both rear and all-wheel drive models. Not the most impressive though that's the manufacturer estimated numbers. What is everyone getting in the real world?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
248 Posts
It will help to also include any nuances or anything owners here think has impacted their range negatively or positively, every bit of it matters surprisingly.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
186 Posts
Depends on where you drive and how heavy footed your are. Around 16.8 mpg in the real world and that's with about 60% of it on highways and the other 40% in the city. It's a bit lower than the estimated range, but that's fine.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
161 Posts
I mean I don't think those with early interest in the Stinger, we're all to concerned with its fuel efficiency. Even in early previews most cited that its a thirsty vehicle and to expect frequent stops at the pump. I think you'd be hard pressed to find any +350hp vehicle that's good on gas.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
186 Posts
The fuel economy ratings are honestly fine, just means a few extra gas stops on a trip out of town. If it's really that much of a concern, there's always the option of renting a hybrid, but where's the fun in that. The Stinger doubles both as a performance car and something you can drive in every day.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
248 Posts
The fuel economy ratings are honestly fine, just means a few extra gas stops on a trip out of town. If it's really that much of a concern, there's always the option of renting a hybrid, but where's the fun in that. The Stinger doubles both as a performance car and something you can drive in every day.
The best way to look at it is to compare MPG numbers of todays cars to cars from 5+ years ago. Even driving with a heavy foot we will still be good. Coming from V6's that do just as bad as some V8's even the EPA MPG numbers are good enough for me.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
186 Posts
In the grand scheme of things, it's not that big of a deal. Did a bit of math as I had the time, with the estimated 25 mpg combined, it'll cost me around $1,920 for gas annually at the current prices for 15,000 miles per year.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
161 Posts
Auto makers are pushing more and more performance out of smaller engines, and seeing as how this is the first generation of the Stinger, obviously improvements can be made. With what Nissan has showed with the variable compression engine, it might be possible to push fuel economy even further that what we're currently seeing.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11 Posts
I'm seeing anything from 17-22 (not averages) depending on how I drive (Sports mode is obviously going to drink juice). Given the performance and the drive and comparing it to past performance cars I've had, I'm very happy with the Stinger GT2. This thing gets better mileage than the wife's 2014 Serento. I haven't done any long trips on it yet where I can see how it drives on the Highway with higher distances. My drives are normally 9-15 miles at a time currently with about 8-9 miles of that on the highway and I have a heavy foot.
 
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Top