Kia Stinger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just got out of a meeting about the Stinger with a Corporate representative. Here is what I gathered. Here in Northern California there will be several stores receiving the Stinger as a Show model. these are expected to land this September and be held until October. The first shipment is expected to land sometime in November with a total of 10,000 coming in by the end of the year. I will have more updates as to colors and packaging coming soon as well as pricing.

·
Registered
248 Posts
I bet it will be more because often car makers will state numbers like this just to start but in the end just go with the flow of demand. Kia is a car maker in that position and it will be better for their success if they go with the flow.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Around 60% of the orders are for the V6 model, so people who want that one may have a longer wait compared to those going for the more basic trim. Perhaps in time, the Si trim will overtake the GT trim and the availability roles will be reversed.

·
Registered
83 Posts
That's how releases usually go, the dealerships order the fully accessorized models first before slowly trickling in the base models. Unless there's a high demand for the entry level trim, but if the statistics are correct then that won't be the case.

·
Registered
64 Posts
That's how releases usually go, the dealerships order the fully accessorized models first before slowly trickling in the base models. Unless there's a high demand for the entry level trim, but if the statistics are correct then that won't be the case.
I've already met a lot of potential basic model buyers on this forum, so probably first sales won't go as fast as it could because some people will still wait for entry-level trim.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts