Kia Stinger Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Neither one really sound very good to me. I think that the exhaust on the blue one is custom and not for sale. The borla site has no info on theirs. If I had to guess, its just an axle back not a full catback, and will run over 1k if they ever release it...

·
Registered
186 Posts
Not a fan of the Borla exhaust, something about that startup sound grates on my nerves. Probably from years of hearing similarly sounding Harleys ripping it down the street.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Great video, thanks for sharing!

1:15 - cool and aggressive exhaust. Is this the West Coast Customs model? If they will offer it for a reasonable price, sign me in!

·
Registered
10 Posts
I suspect we'll have more than a few exhaust choices by summer and with dyno ratings to boot.

·
Registered
248 Posts
I suspect we'll have more than a few exhaust choices by summer and with dyno ratings to boot.
Given how much people are liking the Stinger I bet that there's even a market for full titanium exhaust systems although it will cost a pretty penny. However with how good it already sounds, $7000-10,000 for a headers-back system can't be too far out of reach for some owners.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Looks like Ark has a performance exhaust for the Stinger as well. It sounds great, but there still is an awful amount of engine noise.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Maybe it's the camera equipment, but that exhaust does not sound good and the person who posted a comment could hear the cans rattling in there. Not something I'd pay around $2,000 for.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Looks like Magnaflow has a system coming for the Stinger as well. Haven't really been overly impressed with any of them, but it does seem like downpipes will be necessary to reduce engine noise.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Not a bad sounding system but i think someone needs to come out with a special type of headers system that will make it sound better. Often that can make it sound like an entirely different beast.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Yeah it looks like the Stinger may require a full system, front to back to maximize on the sound. It's a little surprising considering its performance, that the systems we've seen so far don't provide a bigger improvement. None of these kits are worth their price imo.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
It is not just exhaust, they add a CAI, full catback and a "chip" tune.

Total from all of that is a 56 HP gain which is not very good at all in my opinion unless it all comes at a low price.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I love how those cold air intakes sound, but I still don't think a catback exhaust is enough for Stinger. I think we've seen similar gains from just a chip tune, so this package its probably over priced. Its great to see so many options for modding the Stinger however.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts